Jim Iyke shares how he maintains on and off-screen appeal

Jim Iyke shares how he maintains on and off-screen appeal 
 "I make sure that the entertainment industry doesn't take everything away from me," Jim Iyke on still maintaining on and off-screen appeal.







In 2001, Jim Iyke made his acting debut, and since then, he has never left the limelight.

According to the actor, who has over the years, made an indelible mark on pop culture with an array of successful movies to his name, a self-imposed sojourn away from the industry has helped him remain relevant.


"Shutting myself away from the confines of the industry, I think, has been one of my chief strategy. I try not to be everywhere anytime," he said.


 "A lot of people have described me as being aloof. Some have even termed me arrogant," he says. But that's not the case according to him.
Jim Iyke

"I am just timing and pacing myself accordingly. It's a long run, it's longevity. If you intend to do this for life, you can't spread yourself thin. You can't be available everywhere, make it scarce. Be available for those that need you mostly, make yourself scarce for those that tolerate you. Create an air of mystery now and then."


In 2017, the actor, who was no longer as frequent as he used to be on screens, launched a reality show called "The Adventurer." And in 2018, he launched an App called Oga Work.

According to Jim Iyke, the importance of pursuing other goals cannot be overemphasized.

"Pursue other goals. Every time I come back, a year or two, I have created several other platforms that need me, not only in businesses, but personal curriculum and family responsibilities".
 
JIm Iyke

Jim Iyke is a Nollywood actor, who is popular for his roles in movies such as "Last Flight to Abuja," "Games Men Play," "Ready to Die" among others.

Comments